Monday, November 17, 2014

The Nostalgia Effect--Revised

After I finished writing Made in Sweden (coming soon), I decided to take a look at my hard copy of The Nostalgia Effect. Within the first few pages, it became quite clear, that it needed a little facelift. Though the story is very personal to me and I'm very proud of it, it's evident that I might have rushed through it. Not because I was tired of writing it, or because I had to meet some deadline, but because it was very emotional to write, and thus I wrapped it up quickly.

Now, after have written another book and one that was a LOT less personal, I was able to be more objective and read The Nostalgia Effect with more of an editor's mind. Carefully, I studied my sentence structure, repetitious wording, and redundant sentences and found a way to recreate it into something that flowed better, but still got an important message across. There is nothing drastically different, no plot or character changes, so nothing has been sacrificed. I've now re-released it on Amazon, Smashwords and Createspace. The book is now available in paperback and ebook on most major book retail sites.

I sincerely thank ALL of my readers who loved the first edition and gave it such wonderful reviews. Without you and your support, I wouldn't have attempted Made in Sweden, or had the courage to refine The Nostalgia Effect. I hope you'll give it another read, or if you haven't read it yet, let me know and I'll get you a FREE ebook copy.

Be well my friends!

EJ

1 comment:

  1. I actually did the same thing with my book, a few months after publishing it. I think sometimes it takes this much time/distance to get the objectivity to read your book as a reader, and not at the writer. But it is hard to write a book and not be impelled to "get it out there." Maybe this is what agents do. Force you to wait ;-).

    ReplyDelete